Try this guilt-free muffin recipe the next time you want to satisfy your sweet tooth! These muffins are a great alternative to store-bought - not only are they low carb, vegan and paleo-friendly, they’re also packed with protein.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (we prefer plant-based, no-sugar options)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nut/seed butter of choice (e.g. almond, sunflower, hemp, peanut, etc.)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (can sub unsweetened applesauce, mashed banana or mashed cooked sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice (such as monk fruit or stevia)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the batter evenly amongst the muffin liners. Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking around the 10-minute mark by inserting a skewer or fork in the center and seeing if it comes out clean. If it does, muffins are done. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, prepare the glaze by combining all ingredients and mixing until combined. Drizzle over the muffin tops and allow to firm up.
Recipe adapted from: www.thebigmansworld.com