Roasted cauliflower and chickpeas make the perfect "meat" for these tacos - adding to your vegetable and protein content for the day. Cumin and chili powder spice combines with the carmelization from roasting the cauliflower to taste delicious, even for those of us with reduced taste sensation.
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 8 corn tortillas, 6"
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded, divided
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and 4 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Toss chickpeas in half the oil spice mixture and toss cauliflower with the other half of oil spice mixture.
- Roast each on separate baking sheets until crispy (about 30 minutes).
- While chickpeas and cauliflower are in oven, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil in pan and sauté zucchini until tender.
- Warm tortillas in the oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Assemble tacos: 1 tortilla, ¼ cup shredded cabbage, ¼ cup chickpeas, ¼ cup cauliflower, and 1 Tbps. avocado.
- For additional calories, try adding Lime Crema: Combine 6 oz. plain, full fat Greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 2 tsp. minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Recipe adapted from https://www.aicr.org/cancer-prevention/recipes/crispy-cauliflower-tacos/